Thursday, November 1, 2007

This Is My Halloween


After a week of tragic events in San Diego county, as I've seen for myself, the residents were not in the mood for a Halloween celebration. I cannot blame them. Many people have lost everything they own. They have lost happy memories, treasured belongings, a loved one or even a beloved pet. The furthest thing on their mind is to don a costume and have a party on October 31. To them the images of the raging and deathly fire is wildly scary enough to think of anything else. But, somehow life goes on for others, especially for those who were not directly affect by the fire.

Although we didn't have time to decorate our house, we did had candies for children who might come treat or tricking. Nette cooked corned beef spaghetti and garlic bread for our dinner. Not long before after sunset, there wasn't anybody walking through our front door, but, soon, there were a group of costumed small children who came with a parent and I happily gave them different kinds of chocolate candies. And they thanked me for being kind. Then, nobody came and we still had a lot of candies and after about 8 pm only, we knew no one else is coming anymore.

And this is time I took picture of how I looked like that night. Boo! Did I scare you? I would be if I were you. Don't worry I locked the front gate already. But, I see you next year with the theme song of "Phantom Of The Opera."

No comments: