Sunday, September 2, 2007

Surprise of Last Week

Last Sunday, I wrote about the first rain we had this year. It caught me by surprise because the TV weatherman predicted it not until that evening. We haven't had any measurable rain so that in the past two weeks until today, the temperature's in the 80's and the humidity's even higher--in the 90's. I later learnt the next Monday it really poured very hard in some cities across the county. It's so humid that our AC's ON mostly everyday, even during the daytime. But, I guess it's not that bad because we don't have to have it ON while we're sleeping, except for Gino who has his own portable AC in his room. What a lucky chap! As you can see in the video, it's real rain, not just for effect. It's so surreal to me cause it's still August. Then it suddenly stopped as it sudden came. I went out the walkway and the lawn and they were wet. This thing is happening now that had never happened before as what some oldtimers tell me. Is Mother Nature telling us something? Something like if you take good care of me, I will take care of you, too. But, for now it does seem to change that fast, for, the forecast next week is more hot condition. I only wish we have solar panels to make good use of a bad situation. But, yesterday, I didn't to dry my shorts and t-shirt using the dryer. I just hung them outside the lawn to dry. As they: "Necessity is the mother of invention." Who know I might come up with one that will make me a lot of mula as Mabelle would say. That I wouldn't mind at all.

2 comments:

Maria Bella said...

yes Diko, very strange weather~ it's not good for the ones who work outdoors~ summer is over so fast :(

JUN said...

bad for me, i'm one of those, but, not the whole day. i'm ok, i used sunblock ph50.